A house where you walk into the view
Villa Petrus is a place where you can chill out, surrounded by nature but with all the amenities of modern living. There is a total of 7 bedrooms and 7 & 1/2 bathrooms. The villa will comfortably sleep up to 14 people using all the facilities. In fact, up to 17 can be accommodated by using the roll-out beds in each of the three twin-bedded rooms – ideal for children.
Each well-appointed bedroom is air-conditioned, and all have wonderful, sweeping views of the sea and hills. Every room is a different colour, from hot to cool, to sensuous. The villa is built to make maximum use of the breezes that play around the hills, with the added benefit of keeping insects at bay and the temperature cooler.
Villa Petrus is big and designed for outdoor living. Whilst the interior spaces have a “chilled” ambiance, the villa’s wrap around verandah and pool terrace for relaxing and dining are just perfect.
An orchard on the grounds provides seasonal fresh fruit and a caretaker/gardener and housekeeper are there to keep life simple if anything needs attention.
The coup de grace is the tiled swimming pool (75 feet long and 4½ to 8½ feet deep) that may well keep you away from the beaches and other activities on lazy days.
A particular feature of Villa Petrus is the range of birds that its gardens attract, especially the hummingbirds.
Villa Petrus and Tobago offer great scope for birdwatching.
The villa is nestled in the lush hills of the Prospect Estate, an old copra plantation. You will look at a huge expanse of the Caribbean Sea across a wealth of tropical forest. From this private hideaway you can watch first the sunset and then the fireflies.
If you do want to leave this secluded paradise, however, Villa Petrus is only 5 – 10 minutes’ drive from the coast, two international golf courses, a range of aquatic and sub-aquatic facilities, and other attractions, not to mention some good restaurants. The capital, Scarborough, is only some 15 minutes away.
Villa Petrus combines the best of both worlds; immediate access to sport and entertainment, and relaxation – “Tobago Cool”.
- A 75 feet pool, fully tiled and surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Soft garden lighting to make the evenings even more romantic and relaxing.
- Manicured 2-acre garden that is comprehensively maintained by a full-time gardener.
- A large verandah, equipped with hammock, swing seat and a wide range of loungers, chairs and tables (click here for more pictures).
- A large table on the verandah, seating 12 persons or more, for al fresco meals – or even meetings.
- A well-equipped kitchen and both indoor and outdoor dining facilities.
- Fresh seasonal fruit from the orchard.
- Utility areas with commercial washing and drying facilities and space for storing golf and other sports equipment.
- Local domestic staff who fully service all the rooms.
- A spacious and airy living room, equipped with cable television if you want to keep in touch.
- A security system, and nightly guard service on request.
- Telephone and WIFI access if you want to keep in touch. There is a work area on the first floor and a separate air-conditioned study.
- On request, a visiting experienced and qualified Massage Therapist who offers Swedish Massage, Aromatherapy, Shiatsu, Sport Massage and Reflexology.